Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Grandma Sparks


So yesterday was a really hard day. At 9:30 AM my dad called me and told me that grandma Sparks had a stroke and was on her way to the hospital in the ambulance. To spare you all the details, she ended up going into surgery to remove the clot because they weren't sure when she had the stroke so they couldn't give her the stroke medicine. We weren't sure if she was going to make it through the surgery.
At 3 PM she came out of surgery and they said everything went well. The only thing we have to do now is wait and see what damage the stroke did. Her right side of her body is kinda droopy, but she was kicking her right leg this morning.
This woman has been through so much. 7-8 years ago, she had a stroke. 5 years ago she battled lung cancer and won (mind you the woman has never touched a cigarette in her life). She is such a fun lady and it was so scary to hear that she might not make it. All my grandparents are still living, I have never lost one. The closest I've gotten to losing a grandparent was Adam's grandpa, Papillo, but other than that, we have all of our grandparents still living, all still married, no divorces. We have such great family.
Of course, on my way down to the hospital, I got pulled over. What else could make the day better?! Holly backed out of the driveway a few days ago and hit our car, knocking the driver side mirror off and scraping down the driver and back doors. He gave me a citation for not having it fixed and I have to go fix it, have an officer signing that I fixed it and then report in court to see if the judge will lessen or eliminate the citation. It better be eliminated. I was bawling when he pulled me over and he wasn't very sympathetic. He checked in the back to see if I had kids (because I was in the carpool lane) and he also checked the tinting of my windows. I kept thinking, I need to leave I need to leave... it seems like he took forever.
I love grandma Sparks. I know lots of you know her, she is an amazing woman, and always so fun, as illustrated by the picture below.

8 comments:

Beau said...

Katie, I am so sorry about Grandma Sparks. She really is a neat lady. I'll definitely pray for her. It seems like when it rains, it pours in our family. Grandma Sparks and my dad, but everything will be ok. Love you guys and if you guys need anything let me know.

Breanne Talbot said...

Katie! I'm so sorry about your grandma! (And the citation...no fun!)
We'll keep her in our prayers.

Parkinson Family said...

sorry to hear about your grandma, ive only met her once but shes a sweetie! and that last picture of her is so cool! hope she gets better soon!
and what a jerk of a cop you got, sorry you had to go through that too, that seriously stinks!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

Oh no. That's so sad. I am really sorry. I hope she gets better!!! I'm always game for making some really delicious and fatty desserts to bring to you to make you feel better!

Nicole said...

Katie I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope that she has a speedy recovery!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Katie I am so sorry.
I hope she is doing better.I just love her.

Ainsley said...

I feel so bad about your grandma. I'm so sorry about all this, and on top of it all sick kiddies. Hang in there.

Steffy said...

She looks like such a fun person! I hope everything turns out great! We love you guys :)