Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

sad day

Today I'm quitting my job. No, not being a mom, teaching piano.

I'm conflicted with my decision. I've had piano in my life ever since I was little, teaching, taking lessons, or both. I feel both happy and sad.

It's been 6 years. Some times have been hard. When Sam was born, I had 20 students and was in school full time. Trying to juggle everything on my plate was exhausting.

But then there are the rewarding times. When I saw that it finally clicked in a child's mind. I loved helping kids learn a new skill. I got to see kids confidence increase as they conquered a song they thought they could never play. I love being a part of that.

So today I say goodbye. With mixed emotions. But it's time to be done.

1 comment:

Olivia.Leta said...

Wow Katie, big decision. You will still teach my kids someday, right? :)