Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This morning Sam didn't want Adam to leave so he suggested he go to work with him.

"I go work too mama."

"Sam, you're going to stay here with me and then dada will come back after work."

"NO. I go work with dada."

Sorry Sam, doesn't work like that. Oh how I wish you could go to work with dada.

While Adam was home for a little longer, I got dressed and ran to the store to have some ALONE grocery shopping time. Isn't shopping in the grocery store alone heaven? It's kinda one of those sad realizations that you are in fully mommy mode.

As I headed out the door, Sam said, "Bye mama, fun at work ok? Sam stay with dada."

I cannot win these kids over! Their preference for him over me is amazing.

5 comments:

Olivia.Leta said...

Oh Katie! They love you so much. And you KNOW when they are old and getting married they will never stop telling their wife, "But my mom does it this way." (The right way). They will never appreciate you more!

Dano said...

Welcome to my world. I know just how you feel, Katie. All three of my kids prefer their Mom in every situation. I know they love me, but they always act like they got the "short end" when it's Daddy's turn.

Bradley said...

Yes! The mean lady that cuts my bt's is gone!

Los Dayton said...

Just wait until Adam is crazy busy and the kids are stuck with you and only you most of the time... then they will only ask for you, cuz you're what they're used to..

Jamie said...

I hear ya. There are some days that Gavin not only prefers Jared, he HATES me!! Even when I offer him candy...he still wants Jared :) I have to admit though, I think it's cute he's a daddy's boy!