Growing up, this was the place to be in the winter. Every possible moment of free time was spent sledding here. The best part? It's right behind my parents house.
Fast forward (insert number here) years and here we are taking the kiddos. The scene is much different. There are houses at the bottom of Killers Hill. Back when I was a young'un, we would sled way past where the street is now and up a little hill on the other side and slide back down.
I feel old. The funny part is, I'm not.
After all the work of getting thumbs in the right places and hats on heads, we were ready to go.
First up, the small hill.
Success! Sam even went down by himself. Next step, Killers Hill.
Adam decides to take both boys down the slick, icy, scarier slope. I told him no.
Before (No crying yet)
During (No crying, but it's about to start in 2 seconds once the snow and ice comes flying in their faces)
After (LOTS of crying mommy can hear from the top. Both boys are soaking wet.)
Jack didn't go down again.
Moving on.
Everyone else had a grand time!
Mimi (are you going down backwards again!?)
Even the mom.
10 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I hope the boys are brave enough to try Killer Hill next winter, maybe put a windshield on the sled?
This looks SO fun! I want to go! And your boys are ridiculously cute in their snow clothes.
I love how we all called it "Killer's Hill." Oh, I love our neighborhood!!
Did your dad seriously break a rib?!?! The pics are super cute though.
I TOTALLY remember this hill!!! My sisters and I would try to snowboard down it!!
My husband did the same thing yours did and sure enough my boys didn't want go again! That looks like a great hill though. How fun!
great pics!! thats a HUGE hill!! super brave of sam to go by himself, we havent gone yet this season....but it looks so much fun!!
I loved these pictures (and the narration)! Everyone looks great! Too bad about the ribs Baba Larry :(
How fun! and convenient having that kill so close to home!
quite a bit of that looked very familiar! Should have called me! or facebook I guess since I don't think you have my number. sheesh, you need it so we can do play dates in the snow, or when it's summer we can do slip-n-slides!
Post a Comment