Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

I am not one to tell people what to buy for their kids, and tell them they need expensive stuff, but I found something amazing that I have to share!

I have struggled forever with diaper bags, just using the ones that the hospital gives out in order to save money and be frugal. The one I got with Sam was literally falling apart when Jack was born. The one I got with Jack is great, but with 2 kids, I had stuff falling out of it all the time. So I broke down and bought one. I felt awful actually paying money for a diaper bag because I had a free one from the hospital! I used my gap discount and got it off gap.com (where I get free shipping and I knew I could easily return by mail for free as well) and it came last week. I was kinda skeptical, thinking that $56 was too much for a bag. But I absolutely LOVE it. It has secretive pockets that Sam can't get into and has a ton of pockets that have magnetic closures so they close without me having to actually do them! It's also black, thank goodness it hides all the goobers. The bag is really deep and fits everything I need for the boys. This was money well spent and wanted to recommend it to anyone looking for a diaper bag. Okay, now I'm done promoting.

Also, I was in bed thinking about meals the other day. It is so hard to come up with something new!!! I'm all for quick-prepare ahead of time meals, as I'm sure everyone is, single, married or with kids. I'd like to know if YOU have any quick, easy, good meals. If anyone wants to email me by next Sunday night, Oct 26th, I'll send out all the recipes to everyone who sends me one. Anyone who reads my blog is free to email me. Even if you're blog-stalking me, I don't care. I'd actually be flattered to know that people are reading my blog. :) So if you're interested, email me at 2mrskd@gmail.com!

8 comments:

Ainsley said...

that is such a good idea....dinner at our house is usually taco bell (haha jk, kinda), i'll think of something :)

Kristy said...

Hey! I actually have a food blog with some friends. the URL is www.myfoodfriends.blogspot.com

Check it out. If you want I will add you as a contributor so that you can put some family friendly recipes on as well.

megs said...

I'm going to tell you my secret. It's a book called "Saving Dinner" by Leanne Ely. It's got 6 recipes for 8 weeks in each of the four seasons (so that means 32 weeks of recipes). Also, each week has a shopping list so you already know what you have to get at the store (my favorite). For those who are watching their weight etc. it is great because each recipe has nutrition info at the bottom. I got my book on Amazon for about $2.50--best purchase under 5 bucks I ever made. Super easy recipes and fun! See if you're brave enough to try it; you'll never have to worry about meal planning again. Love you!

Parkinson Family said...

good for you, yeah i was the same way, my sister splurged and got me a petunia pickle bottoms bag, they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but i love it! you did good with your 57 dollars!! and about the recipes, i have some fun ones, not with my though ill have to , share them with you when i get back, cya guys!

annie valentine said...

Cute bag. I personally go for a big huge trendy cheap purse when my baby hits five months or so. This one's great though, good choice.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Woah that looks pretty sweet! It looks like you could fit your whole life in there! When I have kids, I'll be callin ya =)

Breanne Talbot said...

Katie Sparks! (Dayton)
This is Breanne Jesse (Talbot now) from high school (let's go knights!)
I saw a link for your blog on Steph's blog and wanted to see how you are doing. That is so crazy that you have two kids! They are super super cute! It seems like yesterday that we were all little nerdy band-os, doesn't it? Anyway, it's great to see that you are doing so well!
I have a slightly un-awesome blog that you can check out at breanneanderic.blogspot.com if you want.
Luv ya!

Parkinson Family said...

i tagged you, check my blog for details